MCT Photography Policy
In the following text the terms ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ all refer to the Mountsorrel Community Team.
Our Events are all public events held in public areas and, as such, we do not need written or verbal permission to take photographs and video or to use any resultant images to publicise or promote our events. However, to ensure that we maintain the highest standards so that we are perceived as a responsible professional organisation we adopt the following policy.
1. We photograph and video all events that we organise to:
- Promote those events through our MCT website and Facebook pages
- Create a social history record of village community activities
- (Optionally) sell resultant images to help raise MCT funds
2. We ensure our photographers can be clearly identified by wearing MCT Photographic Security Cards (which can be verified against our website). For outside events they will also wear orange reflective tabards carrying the MCT logo.
3. To safeguard vulnerable under-18 year olds we:
- Always attempt to seek verbal agreement before photographing under 18 year-olds either singly or in small groups.
- Enable guardians of vulnerable under-18 year olds to trigger our ‘Exclusion Process’ so that they be excluded from any MCT published images.
- Advertise our ‘Exclusion Process’ through our MCT website and signage at our MCT events.
- Additionally, if children are invited by the Christ Church and St Peters school to take part in our events then we will work with the school to ensure that they seek agreement from the parents/guardians of all invited children to allow them to be photographed or videoed by us.
The Exclusion Process: Guardians of vulnerable under-18 year olds may trigger our ‘Exclusion Process’ by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or approaching any one of the MCT officials at the event.
Exclusion Requestors will be given access to all images that we intend to use at least 24 hours before their publication. Images will be removed if a suitable supporting reason is provided in writing to us at: email@example.com. Withdrawal will be at the discretion of the MCT although we will uphold all reasonable requests.
Exclusion Requests must be made on a per event basis.
4. Any images shown on our website or Facebook pages will be removed at any time if a suitable supporting reason is provided in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawal will be at the discretion of the MCT although we will uphold all reasonable requests.
5. All images containing under-18 year olds will be marked to prevent them from being collected and cached by Search Engines.
6. All images taken by us remain the copyright of the MCT.