MCT Photography Policy
In the following policy definition the terms ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ all refer to the Mountsorrel Community Team.
Our Events are all public events held in public areas and, as such, we do not need written or verbal permission to take photographs and video or to use any resultant images to publicise or promote our events. However, to ensure that we maintain the highest standards and so that we are perceived as a responsible organisation we adopt the following policy.
1. We photograph and video all events that we organise to:
- Promote those events through our MCT website and Facebook pages
- Create a social history record of village community activities
2. We ensure our photographers can be clearly identified by wearing MCT Security Cards. For outside events they will also wear Hi-Viz vests carrying the MCT logo and the words ‘Official Photographer’.
3. To safeguard vulnerable under 16 year olds we:
- Always attempt to seek verbal agreement when photographing under 16 year olds either singly or in small groups.
- Enable guardians of vulnerable under 16 year olds to trigger our ‘Exclusion Process’ so that they be excluded from any MCT published images.
- Advertise our ‘Policy’ through our MCT website and signage at our MCT events.
The Exclusion Process: Guardians of vulnerable under 16 year olds may trigger our ‘Exclusion Process’ by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or approaching any one of the MCT officials at the event.
Exclusion requestors will be given access to all images that we intend to use at least 24 hours before their publication. Images will be removed if a suitable supporting reason is provided in writing to us at: email@example.com. Withdrawal will be at the discretion of the MCT although we will uphold all reasonable requests.
Exclusion Requests must be made on a per event basis.
4. Any images already displayed on our website or Facebook pages will be removed at any time if a suitable supporting reason is provided in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawal will be at the discretion of the MCT although we will uphold all reasonable requests.
6. All images taken remain the copyright of the individual photographers.